0000 AA, Amsterdam
Bo van Velzen is the owner and lead instructor of Defensive Tactics. He first came into contact with Krav Maga in 2001. Before this, he had trained in various oriental martial arts such as Judo, Aikido, Ken Jitsu, Tae-kwon-do, and Jiu-Jitsu for decades, in which he obtained his 1st dan.
In the basement of the gym “Kneet” in The Hague, he had his first lesson in Krav Maga. He then started participating in seminars attended by people from all over the country at the time. In 2004, he was asked by the grandmaster himself if he wanted to do the instructor training. That was the last push he needed to make this career switch.
In 2011 he was appointed Director of the I.K.M.F. by Israel HQ. in the Netherlands. Within the highlights of his Krav Maga career there is: his instructor degree, his Expert levels, being Director IKMF-NL, and the invitation by the Chinese government to teach special forces there. An unforgettable experience with major successful consequences for the IKMF.
- Director IKMF Nederland
- Senior krav maga instructor/Lead instructor
- krav maga Expert level 3
- krav maga Law enforcement instructor
- krav maga (vip) close protection instructor unarmed (bronze shield)
- krav maga (vip) close protection instructor armed (silver shield)
- krav maga women instructor (Stay Away)
- krav maga kids instructor
- ReaX krav maga instructor
- ruim 40 jaar budo-ervaring, o.a. Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Aiki-do, Ken Jitsu.
- Hfd Beveiliger
- Management opleiding intern
- Fittergy Coach, Sportvasten & Vegan switch
- Profiler (OSP)
- Close protection operative ( by ESA & SIA licensed)
- Eigenaar Defensivetactics & Kravwinkel
- Trainer: omgaan met verbale agressie
- Beheerder Distributie centrum IKMF Europa.
- Free lance trainer voor training & advies bureaus.
- Trojan Workout instructor